Share this role
- North Staffordshire Combined Healthcare NHS Trust
- North Staffordshire
- £6,157 pa
- Closing date:
- 9th October
- Job Ref:
North Staffordshire Combined Healthcare NHS Trust provides mental health, social care and learning disability services across the West Midlands. We work from both hospital and community settings, operating from approximately 30 sites serving a population of approximately 464,000 people of all ages and diverse backgrounds.
We have a strong national profile; recognised as the Provider of the Year in 2019 in the Leading Healthcare Awards and recently rated ‘Outstanding’ by the Care Quality Commission. Our high-quality services are supported by robust financial management and we have achieved balance or surplus for the last 20 years. This is an exciting time to join our team, to support the organisation as we continue to build on our solid platform and further develop our reputation and commitment as a collaborative partner in our local and regional health and care system.
We are now looking for a new Non-Executive Director to Chair our Audit Committee. As a qualified accountant, you will need recent and relevant finance experience gained at a senior level in complex organisations in the private, public or voluntary sectors. Previous knowledge of the NHS is not required as it is through your broader experience, insight and judgement that you will support the Trust’s strategic vision and add value to our high performing Board. With a sound grasp of corporate governance, you will be politically astute and capable of independent judgement, preferably with experience of managing situations that can affect organisational reputation. Most of all you will share our values and commitment to our staff and service users and our ambitions as we move to the next exciting phase of our journey.
How to apply
If you wish to be considered for this role please provide:
• a CV that includes your address and contact details, highlighting and explaining any gaps in your employment history
• a supporting statement that highlights your motivation for applying and your understanding of the NHS and the role. You should outline your personal responsibility and achievement within previous roles and how your experience matches the person specification
• the names, positions, organisations and contact details for three referees. Your referees should be individuals in a line management capacity, and cover your most recent employer, any regulated health or social care activity or where roles involved children or vulnerable adults. Your references may be taken prior to interview and may be shared with the selection panel
• please complete and return the monitoring information form which accompanies this pack and is available for download
• tell us about any dates when you will not be available
Please forward your completed application to NHSI.Chairsandneds@nhs.net
The following consultants are managing this role and will be happy to answer any questions that are not covered in the person specification.
- Emma Pickup
- 0113 205 6289
- Jude Watters
- 07594 250060
- Rachel Salvia
- 07594 250062
- Michelle Shirley
- 0113 205 6295